Reports have found that Charles Bolden, who is the NASA administrator and head of the US space program, wants to go back to space.
The report has found that he had been a veteran of four missions on the space shuttle previously and was also engaged in almost 100 combat missions during the Vietnam War. Along with it, he had been an important part of the US space program from when the Apollo missions had placed the first man on the moon.
It is being said that he has been heading the US space program and is visiting NASA's principle outpost i. e. the Tidbinbilla Tracking Station in Australia. It is an array of communications dishes, which is located in rolling hills south of Canberra.
It has been told by Mr. Bolden that a next big space exploration of landing of the Mars Science Laboratory on the planet surface would occur soon by August 6. He has been in Australia for his first ever visit since 1973, the report says.
As per the findings, another crewed commercial spaceship is being planned to be launched by spaceflight company Space Exploration Technologies (SpaceX), which has established a safety advisory panel too. "When it comes to manned spaceflight, safety is our top priority. These experts will provide us with important insights as we prepare to carry astronauts on the next generation of American spacecraft”, said Elon Musk, SpaceX's CEO and chief designer.
Mr. Bolden has further told that they have been working in their own way towards future missions. The missions might include the human or robotic missions such as Mars Science Laboratory to be landed on Mars in August or Voyager that is being launched out of solar system. On being asked, he told that although, he want to be a part of space again, his wife would never allow him.