A report has revealed recently that a food-services employee’s diagnosis with the hepatitis A virus has concerned bylaws and policies in Vancouver.
The report says that hepatitis A is either caused by contaminated food or water or by direct contact with an infected disease. It is being said that although there is no hint that the worker of the Fairway Market on Quadra Street had done something wrong, he was tested positive for the virus last week.
Discovering the same, the Vancouver Island Health Authority had immediately taken measures so as to prevent further spread of the virus. As per the findings of the report, all other employees of the store as well as customers were offered vaccination against the infection.
The diagnosis of the employee with the virus was startling as the store had earned appreciation from the VIHA during a health inspection for its food-safety procedures. It has been found that the company has been fully cooperating with the health authority in the inspection.
While the investigation has been going on, it is suggested by health authorities concerned that people should follow basic hygiene and commonsense procedures. It would help in avoiding the infection in any other person.
- J. Michael Pearson, Valeant’s Chief Executive Officer Spent Christmas in Hospital for ‘Severe’ Pneumonia
- Eversource Faces Stiff Challenge from ‘Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests’ over Burying Power Lines
- Shaw Communications Agree to Buy Wind Mobile for C$1.6 Billion
- Supporters of The Export-Import Bank in Congress make an Attempt to Revive It