Scientists are claiming to have discovered a new handheld torch-like device, which they say can prove a big help for all those brave life savers who risk themselves and their lives in emergency situation of wars or disaster zones.
It got further cleared from the statements of researchers that the new discovered device has been especially designed to swiftly kill dangerous bacteria and serve a potential cover for the emergency workers.
The recently discovered handheld device is plasma flashlight, which delivers a charged jet of gas to kill germs, confirms a team of researchers from China, Australia and Hong Kong in their specialized journal.
This device is definitely alike any hot plasma sterilizers or other sterilizers that operate at cooler temperatures because these work with a 12-volt battery and do not require any gas feed.
Scientist’s statements are also clearing that the device has already been tested over a thick mat of Enterococcus faecalis (a germ that is heat treatment and antibiotics resistant) and has passed the tests. The above findings of the researchers have been published in a British publication, the Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics.
“In this study, we chose an extreme example to demonstrate that the plasma flashlight can be very effective even at room temperature”, said Mr. Ken Ostrikov, of the Plasma Nanoscience Centre in Australia.
- Fireball over Yellowknife Turns the Night-Sky Bright
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- Digitally-connected young Canadians are regular targets of ‘phishing’ scams
- Comprehensive Study Casts Doubt on Value of Mammograms
- Individuals have to stop piglet-killing disease by keeping it out of their barns