As per recent reports, it has been unveiled that a former Intel employee has been found accountable in stealing confidential documents from the company.
It has been revealed that the stolen documents were worth $ 200-$400 million. Biswamohan Pani, who has been accused of the above mentioned allegations, was an employee in one of the chip making firms in Hudson, Massachusetts in 2008.
The case came into notice after Pani offered the resignation letter in May and asked for June 11, 2008 to be his last working day. However, he joined the other company on June 2, 2008, but still has access to the Intel’s computer system.
He downloaded the confidential documents, regarding the company’s computer processors design and manufacture, during those days that is between June 2 and June 11. Intel became alert and reported the fraud immediately. Moreover, even AMD cooperated in the investigations.
Through the reports of investigations, it was revealed that the company AMD was no where involved in the theft, rather, none of its employees or high officials were Pani’s partner in the theft.
The case, was then brought into the notice of US District Court in Worcester, Massachusetts, where the Judge, F. Dennis Saylor after hearing the whole case found the allegations imposed on Pani correct. Therefore, he declared that the man will be imprisoned for 20 years.
However, Pani has pleaded guilty to five courts.
- Fireball over Yellowknife Turns the Night-Sky Bright
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- Digitally-connected young Canadians are regular targets of ‘phishing’ scams
- Comprehensive Study Casts Doubt on Value of Mammograms
- Individuals have to stop piglet-killing disease by keeping it out of their barns