As per reports, it has been revealed that the US Justice Department has got involved in the case of increasing price of e-books. It seems that the department had no trust on the companies that they will reduce the price of their e-books and has charged five e-book publishers with an anti-trust lawsuit.
The lawsuit has helped Amazon to come out as a clear winner. Apple was one of the companies, which has faced lawsuit. The announcement of the lawsuit was being made by Attorney General Eric. H. Holder and Sharis A. Pozen. The five companies have been blamed for raising the price of e-books.
It is not the first time when such a case has been filed against big companies. In 2001, similar case was filed against IBM. But the court was not able to prove the charge and the case was abandoned. However, it does not seem that same thing is going to take place in the case of Apple.
Sources known to the matter were of the view that the court has got evidence that all the major e-book companies have got together at one hotel to discuss the prices of the books. Experts said that if such is the case, then there are very bleak chances that any of them will get free.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez