As per a research, which has been published in the journal Psychological Medicine, it has been revealed that post natal depression is being witnessed among fathers as well. The study was carried out by a team of researchers from Oxford University.
They were of the view that depression can occur due to the stress of increased responsibilities as well as due to sleepless nights. It is said that some men get so much depressed that they start spending less time with their infants and this directly affects the growth of their children.
It has been found that if any of the two parents do not spend quality time with their children in their initial months of development, then children can develop behavioural problems. In order to reach at the above given conclusion, the study researchers looked at 38 new fathers, who have babies of three months.
After assessing the behavior with their children for about three minutes daily for a few days, it was found that fathers have been witnessing post natal depression. "Although dads don't have all the same hormonal changes as mothers do, they do often experience dramatic changes to their life", said Dr. Paul Ramchandani from the Department of Psychiatry at Oxford University.
- Samsung signs deal with Amazon.in to sell Galaxy K Zoom handset in India
- GE unveils smart LED light bulb – ‘Link’
- Report: iPhone 6 likely to be launched one month earlier than expected
- Huawei officially unveils its new high-end Ascend P7 smartphone
- Samsung launches its ‘Galaxy K zoom’ camera specialized-smartphone