As per reports, it has been found that the 13th case of swine flu has been registered since it was first spotted in the world in June 2011. Out of 13 cases, 12 children under 18 have been affected by the swine flu.
Recent case is of a girl, who lives in Utah and has been diagnosed with swine-origin H3N2 virus, which in medical terminology is known as H3N2v. She was diagnosed with the flu in March and was taken to a hospital as her fever was not getting normal.
Medical test report revealed that she has developed the flu and was given the flu drug oseltamivir, and since then, she has been recovering. Dr. Michael Jhung of the Centers for Disease Control has been investigating the case and was of the view that the girl developed the flu at the time when she visited a swine processing plant.
Utah is the latest addition to areas of swine flu locations. Other places where human swine flu cases have been reported are Indiana, Pennsylvania, Maine, Iowa and West Virginia. The CDC has issued a public warning that children under 10 are most susceptible to this virus. Henceforth, parents should take all the possible precautions in keeping their children protected.
- Samsung signs deal with Amazon.in to sell Galaxy K Zoom handset in India
- GE unveils smart LED light bulb – ‘Link’
- Report: iPhone 6 likely to be launched one month earlier than expected
- Huawei officially unveils its new high-end Ascend P7 smartphone
- Samsung launches its ‘Galaxy K zoom’ camera specialized-smartphone