It has been recently revealed in a report that a girl, who had recently gone through an ordeal of choking, has been finally operated upon and her irregular heartbeats have been stabilized with the use of defibrillators.
Alana Kiceina, who is 11 years old, had suffered choking on tortilla chops when she was running behind her dog. This is when she choked on it terribly and even went into a cardiac arrest. She was taken to the Stony Brook Long Island Children’s Hospital.
She was operated upon and given defibrillators to stabilize her breathing. "The doctors weren't happy that she choked and that was just it. They wanted to make sure it wasn't something else. They believe there may have been some other event, so we'll put in the defibrillator . . . so this doesn't happen again”, said her father.
It was the eve of her birthday and the family had thought she would be back by then. Her condition is stabilizing right now and she is going to recover in the time to come. It remains to be seen how she stabilizes further and comes back home and leads a normal life in the time to come.
- Samsung signs deal with Amazon.in to sell Galaxy K Zoom handset in India
- GE unveils smart LED light bulb – ‘Link’
- Report: iPhone 6 likely to be launched one month earlier than expected
- Huawei officially unveils its new high-end Ascend P7 smartphone
- Samsung launches its ‘Galaxy K zoom’ camera specialized-smartphone