It has been recently revealed in a report that it’s the hand hygiene day on the 5th of May. This event was participated in by about 15,000 facilities for healthcare. There were as many as 156 countries that took part in the event only to spread awareness about the need for keeping one’s hands clean. This initiative was taken by the WHO for the purpose for being able to help as many people as possible in the time to come.
It is essential that the importance of cleaning one’s hands is understood by one and all. This is essential because clean hands will mean fewer germs and less chances of infection in the day to day life. It is essential that this basic care is taken by one and all, as it is one of the best ways to decrease the risk of infections in the time to come.
"The health care-associated infection is a major burden around the world and threatens the safety and care for patients. I urge the health-care community to take firm and decisive action to save lives from this preventable harm”, said Sir Liam Donaldson, WHO Patient Safety Envoy.
It remains to be seen how this tends to have an effect on the people in the time to come and how seriously they take this and kept her hands clean in the future.
- Fireball over Yellowknife Turns the Night-Sky Bright
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- Digitally-connected young Canadians are regular targets of ‘phishing’ scams
- Comprehensive Study Casts Doubt on Value of Mammograms
- Individuals have to stop piglet-killing disease by keeping it out of their barns