Since the very beginning, breast cancer has been associated to a disease in women. What many people still don't realize is that breast cancer can occur in men too. It can be as grave as a health risk to a man as to a woman. This is why there is increased need for paying attention towards the men as well. The sad part is that due to the lack of awareness and the less number of cases, the men usually fare much worse than women suffering with breast cancer.
They don't have an access to as good a treatment for the disease as women. This needs to be changed. The medical authorities ought to make more people aware about the fact that breast cancer is as grave a disease for the men as for women and that they need to work towards its prevention and cure in the same way like women.
"It killed me. I tell you what - night sweats, hot flashes, mood swings, depression. I'd be sitting in front of the TV watching a drama and the tears wouldn't stop pouring. I had no idea in the world that men could even get breast cancer", revealed Robert Kaitz, a computer business owner in Severna Park, Md.
- Fireball over Yellowknife Turns the Night-Sky Bright
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- Digitally-connected young Canadians are regular targets of ‘phishing’ scams
- Comprehensive Study Casts Doubt on Value of Mammograms
- Individuals have to stop piglet-killing disease by keeping it out of their barns