As per reports, it has been revealed that dentists are making fake claims for the treatment they have not done to earn extra money. The Ministers said that credit for the same should go to Labour’s dental contract, which was introduced in 2006.
An investigation has found that inappropriate claims cost taxpayers more than £73million and that in just one year. It has been further revealed that dentists pile up the work, which they have not even done and then present it to get a big amount.
The watchdog organization NHS Protect said that if the pattern continues like this then the cost payer would have to pay £146.4million by 2014. In addition, it has also been found that 10% of fraudulent claims made by dentists were of the patients, which in real life do not exist.
The Health Minister, Lord Howe, said, “Taxpayers will rightly be appalled at the £70million price tag they are paying for Labour’s botched stewardship of NHS dentistry. This is money that should be spent on patients”.
Not all dentists, but some of them are found to be doing this sham. Howe said that it is a matter of shame that due to them whole dentist fraternity is earning bad repute.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez