As per reports, it has been revealed that a new skin grafting procedure has been developed, which is capable to treat ulcers, bed sores and burns. Skin is being taken from a dead person and is then grafted on the affected part of the body.
Jessie Townley, 92, from Hyde, has become the first person in Britain to go undergo this procedure. She was having ulcers on her legs for the last two decades. Jessie said, “I've been careful not to knock my leg as that can make things worse and over the year it has stopped me from doing things”.
Before undergoing this treatment, she used to visit hospital twice a week to get her dressing changed. The procedure was taken out at Wythenshawe Hospital in Manchester, where skin cells from dead donors was taken and then was grafted on the affected part of receiver’s body.
It took an hour to complete the process and Jessie was able to see her new skin in next 10 days of the surgery. Jessie said that she was one of the 20 participants, who took part in the clinical trial. She has expressed gratitude towards doctors, who again have made her life active.
- Samsung signs deal with Amazon.in to sell Galaxy K Zoom handset in India
- GE unveils smart LED light bulb – ‘Link’
- Report: iPhone 6 likely to be launched one month earlier than expected
- Huawei officially unveils its new high-end Ascend P7 smartphone
- Samsung launches its ‘Galaxy K zoom’ camera specialized-smartphone