As per reports, it has been revealed that a new skin grafting procedure has been developed, which is capable to treat ulcers, bed sores and burns. Skin is being taken from a dead person and is then grafted on the affected part of the body.
Jessie Townley, 92, from Hyde, has become the first person in Britain to go undergo this procedure. She was having ulcers on her legs for the last two decades. Jessie said, “I've been careful not to knock my leg as that can make things worse and over the year it has stopped me from doing things”.
Before undergoing this treatment, she used to visit hospital twice a week to get her dressing changed. The procedure was taken out at Wythenshawe Hospital in Manchester, where skin cells from dead donors was taken and then was grafted on the affected part of receiver’s body.
It took an hour to complete the process and Jessie was able to see her new skin in next 10 days of the surgery. Jessie said that she was one of the 20 participants, who took part in the clinical trial. She has expressed gratitude towards doctors, who again have made her life active.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez