There has been a very long theory circling around the globe regarding the end of days. The Mayans had predicted that in December 2012, the world would come to an end. This would occur due to huge solar flares that would destroy the electromagnetic field of the Earth. Although this is just a theory, there have been some phenomenons, which give weightage to it.
NASA has been keeping an eye on a sunspot since 2010, which is 60,000 miles across, which could lead to solar flares that would have the potential to disrupt the electromagnetic field of Earth. These are known as Coronal Mass Ejections and they shoot out X-rays, ultraviolet radiation, gamma rays and other electromagnetic stuff into the atmosphere.
This can be very devastating as all our electronic devices and satellites have some protection from the Earth's magnetic shield and atmosphere. Last time in 1800s when such a thing happened, the telegraph wires had burst into flames. With more than 33% population using cell phones and computer, and event like that would mean that all these devices would be rendered useless. Scientists and many experts are keeping a close eye at this to make sure that life of the planet is not disrupted.
- Fire threatens entire city in Alberta
- Authorities order evacuation of entire city in Alberta due to wildfire
- Mitel Networks Corp of Canada to Buy Polycom Inc for Almost $2 Billion
- Reportedly Bombardier Inc. is Nearing a Deal with Delta for C Series Jetliners
- Review shows alcohol has no net health benefits