It has been revealed that fast food chain McDonald’s has launched a new healthy drink for children. The drink is named as Fruitizz, and is said to be having no additional sugar or preservative. This is the reason that it can be counted as one of the five meals of children.
Experts are not happy with the launch of the new drink. They were of the view that the 500 ml drink contains 200 calories, which is 57% more than allowed calories for children. However, Mc Donald’s said that their healthy drink does not contain any additional sugar.
The sweetness it has is of fruits, so it cannot be considered as unhealthy. Tam Fry of the National Obesity Forum said that even if the sugar is natural in the drink then also they can allow having it. The sugar level is too much to be consumed by children.
A spokesman for McDonald’s said that they have intentionally avoided the use of artificial sweeteners. "It is very difficult to reduce the calorie content of fruit juice drinks without introducing artificial sweeteners, and we specifically wanted to create a drink for families”, he further affirmed.
Sylvia Turner, of the British Dietetic Association, said that it is great news that fast food chains are taking the health of children so seriously.
- Pebble launches its App Store on Android smartphones
- Oscar Mayer unveils new ‘Wake Up & Smell the Bacon’ alarm-clock app for iPhone
- Dyson launches a quieter, more efficient bladeless fan
- Samsung reveals new Black Edition models of Galaxy S4 and S4 Mini
- Panasonic announces Lumix DMC-GH4 camera with built-in 4K video recording