When the creators of the robotic Butt were busy making the product, they were not thinking of it as a medical accessory or even a therapeutic device but a weird practical consideration. It is basically just a twitching, quivering, hissing robotic butt. According to the creator of the robot called Shiri, “It represents emotions with visual and tactual transformation of the muscles. It is just an attempt to approach the creation of sensitive and subtle expression by a humanoid robot using organic constructs”.
Covered with a skin of silicon, the robotic butt basically consists of a foam superstructure, a gluteus maximus actuator, and a pair of pneumatically activated muscles that can be inflated or deflated to simulate the many subtle moods of the butt. If one can put a terminology for it, then it might be called a butt simulator.
It replicates to almost everything ranging from slaps to caresses. It even shows various emotions that human generally express but are unseen like shuddering, clenching, twitching and pulsating. The inventor of the butt, Nobuhiro Takahashi of the University of Electro-Communications in Japan, amusingly calls it a buttocks humanoid robot that expresses various emotions with organic movements of the artificial muscles.
- Samsung signs deal with Amazon.in to sell Galaxy K Zoom handset in India
- GE unveils smart LED light bulb – ‘Link’
- Report: iPhone 6 likely to be launched one month earlier than expected
- Huawei officially unveils its new high-end Ascend P7 smartphone
- Samsung launches its ‘Galaxy K zoom’ camera specialized-smartphone