Bethany Jane Turner is not an average British baby girl. Everything about her is bizarre and unprecedented. Right from the birth, she has gone through something that very few people would go through. First of all, she was born in a birthing pool of water, which many call is the most natural type of giving birth. At that point she weighed a staggering 12lb 6oz almost twice the size of a normal kid.
She is the third biggest baby girl born naturally in Britain and the heaviest to ever arrive at North Manchester General Hospital. The record for the biggest naturally born baby girl in the UK is held by Suzie Devendale, from Swindon, who was born weighing 12lb 12oz in February. Credit should also be given to her mother, Naomi Turner, who gave her birth on her own, with only gas and air for pain relief.
Her grandfather has named the hefty kid as Popeye, because of the rolls of fat around her arms. After going through so many ordeals at the time of labor, her mother is very happy. She said, “It was perfectly fine and the labor was no more painful than the two other births”.
- Samsung signs deal with Amazon.in to sell Galaxy K Zoom handset in India
- GE unveils smart LED light bulb – ‘Link’
- Report: iPhone 6 likely to be launched one month earlier than expected
- Huawei officially unveils its new high-end Ascend P7 smartphone
- Samsung launches its ‘Galaxy K zoom’ camera specialized-smartphone