Every Cup of tea counts. It is a saying that many hosts of the biggest morning tea have been stating over the years. Biggest morning tea is a national organization which has been actively helping people and advising people about appropriate practices and policies for the prevention, detection and treatment of cancer. They have also been advocating for the rights of cancer patients to best treatment and supportive care.
This year Dawn Marchant will be hosting a Biggest Morning Tea for the 19th year running to raise much needed money for cancer research. After the death of her husband in 1992 due to cancer, she was encouraged by her children to take part in the Biggest Morning Tea. At her first Morning Tea in 1993 she raised an unexpected $800. According to her, "Over the years I have been amazed at the response I receive from the generous people of our community. These people have been touched by this disease and like me, want to make a difference, and hopefully one day see a cure for cancer".
Hosting over 18 Biggest Morning Tea, Dawn has been raising fund each year. Last year her donations went up to an approximated $1335.
- Fire threatens entire city in Alberta
- Authorities order evacuation of entire city in Alberta due to wildfire
- Mitel Networks Corp of Canada to Buy Polycom Inc for Almost $2 Billion
- Reportedly Bombardier Inc. is Nearing a Deal with Delta for C Series Jetliners
- Review shows alcohol has no net health benefits