Every Cup of tea counts. It is a saying that many hosts of the biggest morning tea have been stating over the years. Biggest morning tea is a national organization which has been actively helping people and advising people about appropriate practices and policies for the prevention, detection and treatment of cancer. They have also been advocating for the rights of cancer patients to best treatment and supportive care.
This year Dawn Marchant will be hosting a Biggest Morning Tea for the 19th year running to raise much needed money for cancer research. After the death of her husband in 1992 due to cancer, she was encouraged by her children to take part in the Biggest Morning Tea. At her first Morning Tea in 1993 she raised an unexpected $800. According to her, "Over the years I have been amazed at the response I receive from the generous people of our community. These people have been touched by this disease and like me, want to make a difference, and hopefully one day see a cure for cancer".
Hosting over 18 Biggest Morning Tea, Dawn has been raising fund each year. Last year her donations went up to an approximated $1335.
- Dell set to introduce its Dell Chromebook 11
- LG announces $349-priced G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition tablet
- Google Nexus 10 2 launch date reportedly delayed to 2014
- Ford unveils new 2015 Mustang in its first global launch
- Ford set to unveil its all-new 2015 Mustang --- the first Mustang to be sold globally