As per an investigation being taken out by food charity Sustain, it has been found that some of the items being served by popular eating joints like McDonald's, KFC and Pizza Hut, are better than the NHS when it comes to serving healthy food.
The revelation has led Sustain to ask the NHS to introduce such measures, which can make it compulsory for them to abide compulsory food standards. Such sort of compulsion is prevalent in schools and prisons in the UK.
The survey has found that some of the food items being served to patients in the NHS contain three quarter more salt than present in Big Mac, which is served by McDonald's. In addition, it has also been found that the NHS curry contain six times more fat than in a Zinger burger.
In order to reach at the above given result, the study researchers assessed the nutritional value of 25 meals. All the tested meals were part of the NHS supply meals, which means that the tested items were given at all the NHS hospitals across the country.
"Hospitals should provide tasty and healthy meals, rather than ones that could lead to more health problems", said Katharine Jenner, who is a researcher.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez