The administrative judge had recently gave a judgment against the Pom Wonderful, the provocative purveyor of pomegranate juice stating that the company had greatly exaggerated the product's health benefits. The judge observed that the company did not have any substantial evidence to support the claims that it had made that its juice reduced the risks of heart disease, prostate cancer and impotence.
The judge also issued a cease-and-desist order that forbids the company from making the claims for 20 years. Now, the company has hit back at the decision by coming out with an aggressive ad campaign. Although, all those aspect that have been ruled against are not mentioned in the advertisement, there is a clear message that the company has sent out by using flattering phrases plucked from the ruling to recommend the health benefits of pomegranate juice.
The Add says, "What you as a consumer of POM needs to know are that the F. T. C. judge agreed that POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice and POMx do provide significant health benefits. Here is what the judge said in his own words". It then supplies quotes from the different pages of the ruling which supports some of the health benefits of the juice.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez