As per reports, it has been revealed that Cambridge University Hospitals Foundation Trust has set up an advertising agency, Campus Media Solutions, to earn extra money. The advertising agency will sell billboard space around its hospitals and will also provide centre space on its website.
It is said that the advertising agency will be able to fetch £1m in five years. The officials known to the matter were of the view that with the passage of time, the trust will start providing the same service to other trusts as well.
Experts said it has happened for the first time that a NHS trust has decided to open an advertising agency. The agency is the collaboration of the NHS trust and a media company Big Brand Media. Cambridge University Hospitals Foundation Trust runs two hospitals, one is Addenbrooke's Hospital and second is a maternity hospital.
A hospital spokesman said they want to earn extra money so they can put it back into patient care. However, the decision has been criticized by the Patients Association.
Katherine Murphy, Chief Executive of the Patients Association, said, "It is more evidence of how commercialized the NHS is becoming. It is a huge concern. The core purpose of the NHS is to make the sick better".
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez