It has been recently revealed in a report that the ?do not resuscitate' orders given to the doctors by hospital authorities have been ignored by them. In view of this, they are also trying to help the patients suffering from cardiac arrest in the hospitals.
This was after it was recently given out in a report how the choice being given to patients had led to the death of 52 people, because they wanted their wish. It was also found that there are some other terminally ill patients who have been given this resuscitation, even though it's not the best thing to do for them.
There is need for a suitable middle way to be found here because these efforts being made by the authorities aren't really working for the benefit of the patients. There is need for such effective policies to be made which would help in making things easier for the patients as well as the authorities in the time to come.
"Doctors should only administer CPR where a patient has consented, or if the doctor is satisfied it is in the patient's best interests", said Katherine Murphy, Chief Executive of the Patients Association.
- Fireball over Yellowknife Turns the Night-Sky Bright
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- Digitally-connected young Canadians are regular targets of ‘phishing’ scams
- Comprehensive Study Casts Doubt on Value of Mammograms
- Individuals have to stop piglet-killing disease by keeping it out of their barns