As per a recent study, which has been published in the journal PLoS ONE, it has been revealed that old people have mild odor than youngsters and middle-aged people.
Lead researcher Johan Lundstrom, a sensory neuroscientist at the Monell Chemical Senses Center, was of the view that their research has led them to reach at a conclusion that middle aged people smells the worst.
In order to reach at the above result, the study researchers collected the body odor of three groups, which were20 to 30, 45 to 55, and 75 to 95. Each group consisted of 12 to 16 men and women. All the group members were asked to sleep in a same t-shirt, which had pads sewn into it for five nights.
After five days, the pads were cut and were given to Lundstrom. All the pads were put in the jar and 41 evaluators, who were aged between 20 and 30, were asked to smell the odor and try to judge the age.
Lundstrom said a majority of people said old odor belonged to elderly. He reached at a conclusion that volunteers think that old people smells the worst and middle aged and young people do not smell so bad.
- Fireball over Yellowknife Turns the Night-Sky Bright
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- Digitally-connected young Canadians are regular targets of ‘phishing’ scams
- Comprehensive Study Casts Doubt on Value of Mammograms
- Individuals have to stop piglet-killing disease by keeping it out of their barns