As per a recent study, which has been published in the journal PLoS ONE, it has been revealed that old people have mild odor than youngsters and middle-aged people.
Lead researcher Johan Lundstrom, a sensory neuroscientist at the Monell Chemical Senses Center, was of the view that their research has led them to reach at a conclusion that middle aged people smells the worst.
In order to reach at the above result, the study researchers collected the body odor of three groups, which were20 to 30, 45 to 55, and 75 to 95. Each group consisted of 12 to 16 men and women. All the group members were asked to sleep in a same t-shirt, which had pads sewn into it for five nights.
After five days, the pads were cut and were given to Lundstrom. All the pads were put in the jar and 41 evaluators, who were aged between 20 and 30, were asked to smell the odor and try to judge the age.
Lundstrom said a majority of people said old odor belonged to elderly. He reached at a conclusion that volunteers think that old people smells the worst and middle aged and young people do not smell so bad.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez