School’s Mistake Claims Student’s Life

.

School’s Mistake Claims Student’s Life

As per a coroner’s report, it has been revealed that a 13-year-old student would not have lost his life, if his school teachers would have paid attention to his medical condition. Nathan Francis was on the cadet trip being organized by his school named as Scotch College.

He ate an army ration pack of beef satay and suffered from severe peanut allergy. Doctors said that Nathan would have not have died, if his camp teachers would have given a look to his medical summaries.

It was also revealed in the court that teachers in the camp were not comfortable in using an Epi-pen and did not pay any attention to his allergies. It has been revealed that the school has apologized Francis parents. They have been found to reach at a confidential settlement with the school as well as with the Defence Force, which supplied the ration packs.

Coroner Audrey Jamieson said that Nathan was not alone who has suffered peanut allergy. There were two others as well who have suffered mild peanut allergies. It is not that school authorities were not informed by Nathan’s mother about his allergy, but they forget to consider it while providing meals.


Latest News

Yelp Trims Third Quarter Earnings Forecast Also Announces Departure of Its Chair
Solvay, the Belgian Chemical Group to Acquire U.S. Cytec for $5.5 billion
Reports Say Amazon Suggests Dividing Airspace into Zones for Delivery Drones
Federal Reserve Expected to Stay Focused on Rate Hike Plan in September
Oil Prices Drop Near Four-Month Low as Supply Glut and Chinese Economy Increases
Reportedly A.G. Lafley to Pass Reigns of P&G CEO to David Taylor
Baidu Profits in Second Quarter Offset by Higher Expenses
Economists Predict Solid Revenue Growth for Vermont
Swiss bank Vontobel Announces 24 Percent Increase in Profit in the First Half of
President Obama Visits Kenya, His Father’s Birth Place
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Slaps $105M Fine on Fiat Chrysler
Wealthy, Well Educated People in Early 60’s More at Risk of Harmful Drinking