As per a research being taken out by a group of researchers from the Institute of Psychiatry in London and the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, it has been revealed that premature children are at highest risk of developing a severe psychiatric disorder later in life.
Study researchers said 50,000 children are born premature every year in England and Wales, who are at high risk of developing psychological problem. Premature births have not only increased in both the above countries, but in many other countries as well and especially in developing countries.
The study revealed that there has been 30% rise in the premature births. Lead author of the study, Dr. Chiara Nosarti, of the Institute of Psychiatry, said one in 13 babies is born premature and about 8,000 babies are even born at less than 33 weeks of gestation period.
It is not the first research which has said that premature babies have to suffer from a lot of health problems, and this study seems to be an addition to the existing studies. Chiara said it is not necessary that all premature babies are at risk of developing health problems; it depends upon genetic conditions.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez