Findings of a recent study have proposed that instead of going for a long run, it is better to switch over to a regular walk or jog. Scientists have claimed that walk or jog is better for health in comparison to run.
It has been suggested that exercising regularly can help prevent many common chronic diseases and above all improve heart health by a margin.
However, as per findings of this research, it has been recommended that marathons, long races and even long-distance bicycle races can have an adverse effect on heart health as it brings about major structural changes in heart, which can more often cause heart attacks.
It has been revealed that it is for the first that a research has focused on ill-effects of excessive endurance exercise. It has laid emphasis on the mechanisms, physiology and clinical manifestations of heart disease from exercising vigorously.
Dr. James O'Keefe, from St Luke's Hospital in Kansas City in the US, said: "Physical exercise, though not a drug, possesses many traits of a powerful pharmacological agent. Extreme endurance training could cause structural cardiovascular changes and elevations of cardiac bio-markers, all of which return to normal within a week".
- Samsung signs deal with Amazon.in to sell Galaxy K Zoom handset in India
- GE unveils smart LED light bulb – ‘Link’
- Report: iPhone 6 likely to be launched one month earlier than expected
- Huawei officially unveils its new high-end Ascend P7 smartphone
- Samsung launches its ‘Galaxy K zoom’ camera specialized-smartphone