As per a report published in the journal Nature, it has been revealed that climate change is having disastrous effect on the Arctic.
The report named as ‘Eurasian Arctic greening reveals that teleconnections and the potential for novel ecosystems’ was being studied by a group of researchers from the University of Lapland, Finland, and Oxford University.
The report was of the view that they investigated an area which was around about 100,000 square kilometers and stretched from western Sibera to Finland. First author of the study Dr. Marc Macias-Fauria of Oxford University’s Department of Zoology said that they studied vegetation pattern and after studying the pattern, it was found that Salix and alder have increased by two meters in size in last 2o to 40 years.
Fauria said that they are quite surprised to see the growth pattern. They further affirmed that such growth was not expected in such a short time frame, the growth level is far more than expected. “Of course this is just one small part of the vast Arctic tundra and an area that is already warmer than the rest of the Arctic”, said Fauria. If the pattern continues then the place will get much warmer.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez