As per a study being funded by the .S. National Cancer Institute and the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, it has been revealed that the herb American ginseng is quite effective in reducing the fatigue that is caused by cancer.
The herb is commonly used in Chinese medicines, but it is now said that it can be used as an energy booster as well and will give result in two months. Researcher Debra Barton, of the Mayo Clinic Cancer Centre in the United States said that in order to reach at the above given result, they assessed 340 patients, who have completed their cancer treatment.
The group was divided into two, and one of the groups was given a placebo and other group was given 2,000 milligrams of ginseng in pill form. The assessment was done two times, once when four weeks were completed and second time when eight weeks were completed.
It was found that ginseng offered great relief from fatigue to patients. Some of the common problems like burning sensation, tiredness, sluggishness and run-down feeling were not among patients, who took the pill.
"After eight weeks, we saw a 20-point improvement in fatigue in cancer patients, measured on a 100-point, standardized fatigue scale”, said Barton.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez