As per a recent survey being carried out by the British Lung Foundation, it has been revealed that the people are not taking the health risks being posed by cannabis. The survey of 1,000 adults has revealed that a majority of adults do not think that cannabis can harm their health.
Experts were of the view that there are a lot of confusions going on and it has been revealed that the people believe that tobacco cigarettes are more harmful than cannabis. A wrong perception that cannabis is not harmful is making people to go for cannabis instead of other tobacco products.
It has become important that experts should explain to public that smoking cannabis is not healthy for people. The BLF experts were of the view that there is a need to explain the link between cannabis and tuberculosis.
BLF Chief Executive Dame Helena Shovelton said, “It is alarming that, while new research continues to reveal the multiple health consequences of smoking cannabis, there is still a dangerous lack of public awareness”.
Improvements can be done, but only if the authorities concerned take actions. It should organize public education programme and raise awareness in regard to it. Research should be done to know more about the ill effects of cannabis.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez