A recent announcement made by Minister for Public Health Michael Matheson has come as a ray of hope for all the people suffering from autism. Thanks to a funding boost now more people with autism would be able to be covered under the program. This would make a huge difference in their lives as well as their families.
The Autism Development Fund is set to be increased from £1m to £1.5m per year. This main aim of this extra funding is to take forward initiatives which make a difference to the lives of people with autism and their families. This comes in wake of the high level of interest from local and national organizations in submitting bids for the fund.
While making this announcement Mr. Matheson said, “It is great news for people with autism and their families that even more projects will receive money thanks to this funding boost. I decided to increase the level of funding because the original £1m did not meet demand from the large number of local and national organizations who submitted bids”. This is a very positive step which would ensure that people with autism are respected, accepted and valued by their communities.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez