In a much needed step, it was urged that there is need for some sort of regulation to be imposed on the use of lead in ammunition, which when fired by hunters can prove to be fatal for birds, animals and even humans too. It has been claimed that a lawsuit has also been filed by environmental groups to ensure that steps are being taken to address the underlying concern.
While the U. S. Environmental Protection Agency is of the view that they don’t have the rights to do anything in this context, environmental groups are trying their best possible to carve some sort of solution. It is believed that the case, which has been filed by the Center for Biological Diversity and six other conservation groups in U. S. District Court in Washington, D. C, has now moved up to the federal level.
The groups are of the view that there is dire need to make some changes in the Toxic Substances Control Act, so that exposure to such lethal chemicals can be reduced.
While there is no doubt on the toxicity of lead, it is believed that there is need for laws to be changed for the betterment of one and all else things can go out of control in the time to come.
- Samsung signs deal with Amazon.in to sell Galaxy K Zoom handset in India
- GE unveils smart LED light bulb – ‘Link’
- Report: iPhone 6 likely to be launched one month earlier than expected
- Huawei officially unveils its new high-end Ascend P7 smartphone
- Samsung launches its ‘Galaxy K zoom’ camera specialized-smartphone