Countries like Australia and New Zealand have the highest skin cancer rates across the globe. It gets very difficult for these countries to get the needed vitamin D level through the sun and that too without raising skin cancer rate.
In order to solve the problem, Deakin University researcher Caryl Nowson has told that Australia and other countries, which face the similar problems, should adopt the strategy of Canada.
Canada was also suffering from similar problem some 35 years back. It then started adding vitamin D to its dairy products, so that children do not suffer from rickets. Since then, there has been a lot of improvement in the total number of people, who have been suffering from vitamin D problems.
Nowson said that the same criteria can be adopted by Australia and other countries as well. "We should be considering that for Australia”, he said. He further affirmed that these countries are left with not many other options.
It is very important to reach at a conclusion as more than 11,000 Australian men and women have been facing vitamin D deficiency and 4% of them have been suffering from severe vitamin D deficiencies.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez