As per recent reports, it has been revealed that a California watchdog group has sent a new report to US government so as to ask them out as to how much sugary soda and other unhealthy food is paid for with food stamps. The report suggests that it is correlating to the time, when policy makers were discovering ways to curb increased cost of diet-related illness.
It has been revealed that this is the first of its kind report, which emphasizes on whether the federal government is looking forward to simply fight hunger or even that they are focusing on healthier eating habits.
However, latest reports suggest that Mayor of New York City Michael Bloomberg has proposed to ban sales of drinks rich in sugary contents in restaurants, mobile food carts and movie theaters.
However, the proposal has been opposed by Coca-Cola Co and McDonald’s Corp and has prompted critics to accuse Bloomberg of trying to turn New York City into a nanny state.
Nevertheless, it has been concerned that cases related to obesity are on a rise, where more than one-third of U. S. adults and nearly one-fifth of U. S. children are obese.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez