In a shocking revelation, it has been claimed that Ontario is calling on those families whose diseased family members’ organs’ were retained by them as part of a now outdated practice. It was told that this was done after autopsies were performed on such patients’ dead bodies and without the consent of the family members, organs from the bodies were kept for further research.
It has been claimed by Ontario's Chief Forensic Pathologist, Dr. Michael Pollanen, that the information was not shared with families at that time knowing that they are already in grief.
“While today’s announcement is difficult for some to hear, we believe that sharing information about this historical issue is the right thing to do”, he added further, while claiming that things have changed a lot since then and system do share such acts with families now, if and when required.
It is being said that there is need for such families to come forward and get in touch with the coroner's office so that the matter can be resolved. It has further been told that such families do have one year to come into action. Furthermore, all those organs who would not be claimed by the family members would be “respectfully disposed of” after June 14, 2013.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez