Unpaid carers are at suffering front, revealed a survey being carried out by Carers Week. The Carers Week is an organization, which includes charities like Age UK, and Carers UK.
The survey has revealed that 50% of the unpaid carers residing in the UK have been sacrificing their health due to the negligence of the government. Work pressure of the carers is so much that that they are not being provided the much needed medical assistance.
Helen Clarke, who is a Carers Week manager, was of the view that it is a high time now that the government should take an action and step forth to fulfil their moral obligations. As per the data, there are 6.4 million carers in the UK who need financial and practical support.
"It's a scandal that carers can't get the time or support they need to look after themselves, which could be jeopardising their health as a result", said Clarke.
Clarke said in the favour of unpaid carers that they save so much money of the government, and in return, they do not get the due care, which completely unacceptable. The Department of Health said that they got to know about the problem, and will be helping unpaid carers by providing a funding of £400m until 2015.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez