Nurses of Victoria's Royal District are not at all happy with the wages that they get from their employers. As results of ongoing disputes and arguments, the nurses have decided to take a day off today by calling a strike.
It has been informed that the nurses have taken an aggressive step of bringing in work ban from today. It is expected that about 800 nurses would be taking part in the work bans that have been scheduled to take place on 20 different centers.
From past many months, the Australian Nursing Federation has been trying hard to solve the problem. But, till now no decision have yet been taken to calm down the nurses. Rosemary Hogan from Royal District Nursing Service was reported as saying, "We are negotiating in good faith, ideally, it would be great to see it resolved through negotiation".
Although the nurses are going for work bans, it has been assured that patients' health will not suffer from it. It has come to light that the nurses are demanding wage package equivalent to the one received by the nurses of public hospitals. The nurses are hopeful that they efforts would push the authorities to improve their wage scale.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez