If you think that Antarctica was as freezing as it is now then you need to read on. A recent research being taken out a group of researchers from different universities has revealed through their research that Antarctica was as warmer as Iceland is today.
The research was carried out by the University of Southern California (USC), Louisiana State University and by a group of researchers from the Propulsion Laboratory of NASA. Lead author of the study Sarah Feakins, who is an assistant professor at USC was of the view that temperature of Antarctica was 20 degrees warmer, some 15 to 20 decades back.
They got to know about the temperature after they conducted a research on a frozen plant leaf. Feakins said that they also studied isotopes found in the water, and after studying it, they got to know about the changing temperature.
Feakins said it will not be wrong to compare history with climate, as history gives an overview of past like that climate is an evidence of past climate happenings. "What this record shows us is how much warmer and wetter it can get around the Antarctic ice sheet as the climate system heats up”, further affirmed Feakins.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez