It is expected that in the coming summer, people residing in the northern United States region might be worse affected with Lyme disease. The disease is usually caused by the biting of ticks, which are already infected with spirochete Borrelia burgdorferi.
A person affected with the Lyme disease may experience rash on the skin as a first sign of disease. However, as the disease progresses a person may experience fever, muscle ache and chills. In some exceptional cases, a person may develop intermittent arthritis. Such patients find it hard to recover even after three months of rigorous medication. An effective treatment for intermittent arthritis is yet to be found.
People have been advised to avoid coming in contact with ticks. Use of repellents is advisable as a solution for the same. Although the medical science has advanced, more is yet to be achieved to cure people from Lyme disease.
Medical aid should be called whenever one experience's flu like symptoms in the coming summer. A simple precautionary step could help in preventing Lyme disease. Ecologists have been studying ticks for long. It is hoped that in the coming years, effective treatment of Lyme disease would be found.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez