While medical aid to refugees in Canada was an essential part, it has been found that the same is facing cuts as per the orders of the federal government, says a recent report.
The same has called refugees as well as medical professionals to come forward and speak at a conference in St. John's on Monday, the report finds.
It is being said by medical carers that the cuts would largely affect refugees in the country as they only come with their clothes seeking an asylum. They lack funds and provision of medical services during an emergency or basic dental care and prescription when required was a great help to them.
Dr. Monica Kidd, who has an experience of working with refugees, affirmed, "Refugees have already endured a world of pain before arriving in Canada; torture, rape, the pain of separation from their families, their cultures, their land".
The system of medical assistance was initially necessary to be funded and was considered as extremely important, says Adriana Kutty. Also, it proved to be a lifeline for her.
All refugees like her have been calling the government heartless. Though, the government has a firm belief that the cuts would help it save money.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez