The South Australian District Court has heard in a hearing that a baby was probably given a lethal morphine dose by a carer, who wanted to take a good nap during night, a recent report has uncovered.
However, the four-month-old baby put at risk of losing his life, had recovered after being hospitalized and treated for a week. The case has been still unsolved as no strong evidence has been found against the man from the northern Adelaide area of Elizabeth South.
Though, the child caretaker is being accused of committing a criminal neglect while seeing a baby in January 2007. Graham Andrew Wilson, 41, is not guilty of his act of poisoning an infant just in seek of a good sleep.
He affirms that he had not injected the dose into the baby's bottle. However, his former partner's baby might only have ingested the same through his skin when he sucked it.
Also, his Prosecutor Jeff Powell supported him saying that he did not want to harm the baby at all. "The reality may be as simple as he just wanted to get a good night's sleep and did something stupid, so stupid in the extreme that it amounted to criminal neglect", he added.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez