While most of the Australians have been eating poorly and are increasingly becoming obese or overweight, many of them deny the same based on their belief that they are healthy, says a team of researchers from the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW).
It has been noted by the group that a majority of people in the country has been leading a low-quality life. Also, it has been surviving with one or more risk factors responsible for poor health.
The report has shown that the recommended levels of fruits and vegetables a day are not being consumed by almost half of the population. The same has caused not only adults, but one in every 12 children to become overweight as well.
More than 3 million Australians at present are suffering from the problem of obesity, which is difficult to manage and can also cause many hazardous diseases.
However, despite the fact that 60% of the country's population also fails to do sufficient level of physical activity, life-expectancy rates of men and women are good enough. While an average man lives up to the age of 79.5 years, a woman lives for nearly 84 years of age, unveiled Australia's Health 2012.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez