People have been obsessed with a lot of remedies that claim to burn those extra calories without the need of any rigorous exercise. Overweight and obesity is a problem that has haunted a lot of people. But it seems that a solution to loosing those extra pounds is secretly hidden in a fruit that is eaten and recommended by a lot of health experts. It is often said that "apple a day, keeps the doctor away", but now the saying could also be termed as apple can keep that extra weight away.
There is a waxy compound that is found in the apple peel that could hold the key to reduce obesity. But more importantly, it can also diminish various health problems by increasing the amount of muscle and brown fat. The study that was conducted by the University of Iowa, US came to this conclusion that a compound known as ursolic acid that is present in the apple peel was able to burn the calories present in the mice.
According to Associate Professor of internal medicine, Christopher Adams, who led the study, "From previous work, we knew that ursolic acid increases muscle mass and strength in healthy mice, which is important because it might suggest a potential therapy for muscle wasting".
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez