As per recent reports, it has been revealed that carers are being encouraged to enroll themselves with their GPs so as to avail extra help and also to get a free health check-up from NHS.
Statistical reports suggest that across UK approximately six million adults are carers, which accounts for 10% of the total population of adults in UK. Further, it has been revealed that each year two million more adults become carers.
Government figures suggest that these carers are not paid, and hence, due to them the government is able to save as much as £119 billion, which else had to be paid to other professional carers.
Dr. Helen Kingston, a partner and GP at Frome Medical Practice, said: "Many people simply do not realize that they are in fact carers. Most carers simply provide unpaid care for a family member or friend without ever considering that what they do is out of the ordinary".
However, Dr. Kingston emphasized that the even health of these people is a major concern, due to such a key role they play.
He demonstrated that due to caring majority of these carers might be suffering from health ailments, but mostly ignore them. Most of these carers suffer from mental health problems, like stress, depression.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez