It seems that being recognized as obese country is a trend these days. After America, it is the turn of Australia to be recognized with the same tag. Though the rate of obese people in the country is growing with every passing day, more than 85% Australians deny to accept their health stature.
They have been no qualms in saying that they are healthy, but a latest report card was released recently to travel a long journey between facts and fiction. The report was taken out by a group of researchers from the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW).
The report has unveiled some basic facts, which did not let Australians to remain fit. Not once, but million times it has been recommended to people that they should consume less fatty food and more of fresh fruits and vegetables.
However, the advice seems to be plainly ignored, suggests the report card, as 0.5% people obey to the same. Some 50% people obey to the rule of two servings of fresh fruits a day, further revealed the report.
In addition, it is also important that one should be regular for physical workouts. "Australia has relatively high death rates from heart disease, diabetes and chronic lung disease", said David Kalisch, who is the Director of AIHW.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez