Personal fight with cancer has made Olivia Newton-John, Australia's entertainment icon, to know the bare facts of the disease. She had encountered the disease and this led her to lend her name for a cancer charity hospital, which will be called as the Olivia Newton-John Cancer and Wellness Centre.
The hospital is attached to the Austin Hospital in Melbourne. John has not only lent her name to the hospital, but has given her 10 years to build up that centre. Some of the other efforts, which she has done to raise the hospital, are organizing fund raising walk and AFL match.
The hospital will be inaugurated on Friday, and John said that it feels to be a constructive end to the hard work being done by her in the last decade. "I know when you're going through cancer it's a pretty daunting thing to go through and (it helps) to be in a space that's a healing space", said John.
As said one's personal meeting with such disease changes the entire viewpoint of a person. The same happened with John, who said that she wandered places to make sure that she gets best facilities. But such privilege is unaffordable for many, and keeping this reality in mind John has made sure that all the facilities are available in the centre.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez