It has been revealed in a recent report that NHS has been conned by a dentist Dr. Joyce Trail, 50, who swindled a huge sum of £1.4million from it.
The report says that the doctor from Handsworth, Birmingham took the money in the name of fitting dentures to dead patients. A total of over 7,000 invoices were submitted in the last three years, of which not a single lucrative denture was actually conducted.
Instead, the money was used by her for visits to varied interesting places. Also, some amount was also used for funding a "lavish, globetrotting lifestyle".
However, the dentist along with her sister Fiona, 46, denies the claims and conspiracy to defraud. Also, her daughter is by her side saying that she is not a fraud.
But, Birmingham Crown Court has affirmed that her American Express bill has been compared with her acts. "Not just a few claims, a few clerical errors but something in the order of £1.4million of false, dishonest claims backed up by false, dishonest paperwork", said Prosecutor Miranda Moore QC.
She has told that Trail, in order to make a list of original patient names, tactfully called elderly care home residents for a dental treatment.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez