For last few days, it was being said that blood supply at the Australian Red Cross Blood Service has dropped. It is now being revealed that shortage has increased further raising concerns among the authorities concerned.
The Red Cross has asked the union members to come forth and take part in a national campaign and fulfill their moral obligation. The urgency has also been felt by other unions as well, like NSW Nurses Association (NSWNA), and Transfusions campaign, and other unions, which have also said that they will cooperate in every possible manner.
Brett Holmes, who is the general secretary for NSWNA was of the view that they have asked their members to come forth and fulfill their moral obligation. It is very important blood donation level reach at a safe mark, as places like mid-north coast and extreme north of Australia have been particularly falling short of blood supply.
"So it's time for all union members to roll up their sleeves and give blood. After all, it only takes an hour of your time", said Holmes. Many hospitals have been taking part in the blood donation camp and have also been organizing them. Some of the hospitals, which have been taking part in the camp, are Grafton Hospital and Grafton Hospital.
- Fire threatens entire city in Alberta
- Authorities order evacuation of entire city in Alberta due to wildfire
- Mitel Networks Corp of Canada to Buy Polycom Inc for Almost $2 Billion
- Reportedly Bombardier Inc. is Nearing a Deal with Delta for C Series Jetliners
- Review shows alcohol has no net health benefits