Teenage girls becoming mothers is an issue, which is troubling countries across the world. A study being taken out by Save the Children has revealed that one million girls in the world lose their lives due to above mentioned reason.
Their body is not prepared for baby birth, and inability to cope up with pain and pressure, makes them lose their lives. The data has further unveiled that more girls under 15 lose their lives than girls, who are in their 20s.
In addition, it further got revealed that 25,000 girls get married even when they are not 18 and unawareness about certain things makes then conceive at quite an early stage. Resultant of which, their bodies are not able to cope up with the stress and imbalance in hormone level.
Cocktail of all this makes them vulnerable and inability to handle all the stress make them lose their lives. Justin Forsyth, who is chief executive of Save the Children, was of the view that having babies at early age is not only harmful for mothers, but as well as for their children, as they are also unable to survive for long.
"This is a tragedy not just for those girls but also for their children - babies are 60% more likely to die if their mother is under 18", said Forsyth.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez