With approaching winters, there are chances that Australians gain a lot of weight. The given statement is based on findings of a national survey, which revealed that with the onset of winters, people tend to get lazy and adopt sedentary lifestyle.
They also keep on gorging on food, as they remain indoors most of the times and even do not go out for a casual stroll. All these factors and many more make a person fain weight and if to believe the study findings then there will be minimum 15 kg weight gain of Australians.
The survey was being commissioned by the NSW Food Authority and involved 1250 people. Health experts, who have read the research was of the view that one in four Australians is being counted in obese list.
There is a need to raise awareness among Australians that they cannot afford to keep on piling weight. They should make sure that they take fresh air and eat well and perform moderate exercises.
Dr Kerry Chant, who is NSW Health chief officer, said, "This message is particularly important for younger people so they can develop healthier eating habits before they become overweight or obese". It is expected that they will realize that weight gain is easy, but not weight loss.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez