A recent report revealed by a team of researchers from the UN shows that as compared to the global use of drugs, Australians and New Zealanders are crossing the rates.
Most of the Aussies were found to take cannabis daily, reporting it was the only drug that they took. Also, the group has come to know that 9.1 to 14.6% of the population of Australia uses the Marijuana drug.
The rate is significantly higher than the global rate, which is 2 to 5%. Along with the same, people seeking treatment for drug abuse either use amphetamine or cocaine. Unlike Europe and North America, an increase of four points from 1.5% has been noted amongst Kiwis and Aussies.
However, only the use of ecstasy has seen a significant drop because of its two times more risks of causing seizures. As per the 2012 World Drug Report, except for heroin, all other drugs were excessively being used in the Oceania region.
Health experts concern the same since drug abuse is a big issue, which once adopted makes it difficult to get free from. Around 27 million people are currently on the list of drug abusers. And the same is giving rise to increased number of deaths as well.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez