A group of researchers have been working on a concept in which they will be developing an anti-nicotine vaccine that has capability to take off the addiction for life.
Professor Ronald Crystal from Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, was of the view that they have conducted a mice experiment. In the experiment, they were able to make sure that the vaccine protects nicotine addiction.
Journey of human clinical trial to drug development will take several years. But Ronald was of the view that the initiation has been done on quite a positive note. "We are very hopeful that this kind of vaccine strategy can finally help the millions of smokers who have tried to stop, exhausting all the methods”, said Crystal.
Giving information about the drug, he was of the view that the drug contains a virus that has genetic code by which anti nicotine vaccine can be prepared. The virus is smart enough to hide from immune cells and reaches at liver and infects liver cells, which in return names a number of the antibodies.
These antibodies will then pass on to the blood stream and reaches in brain and makes sure that a smoker leaves nicotine habit.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez